Thursday, April 15, 2010


It has been 5 days now and I have been learning incredible things about cooking, sheep, wall building, gardening, harvesting wild vegetables, preserving food, all things related to living well off of the land - I haven't had a cheese-making lesson yet (in a few more days) but I have spent a lot of time in the stable with the sheep and goats. We feed and milk them twice a day, and although I have not at all mastered milking, I am trying and I very much enjoy all of the stable tasks. Here are some photos. I have much more to say but I have less free time than I expected.










2 comments:

  1. So perfect. What kind of wild vegetables? And can you smuggle that cat home in your luggage for me!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the ladder that is leaning against that small building with the red door!

    ReplyDelete